We all have the ability to use our talent to better a person life. I've choosen to knit because it is the thing I enjoy. I've met so many people who are willing to help others. Unfortunately, there are those who use their power and position to make other people lives miserable. It's a choice. Which one will you choose?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Successful 2013 Event


I just want to say thank-you for all your donations.  This year, we were able to provide items to so many people.  This project is successful due to your generosity.  I want to thank Sissy, Irene, and Rev. Bunton for coming out and helping distribute items.  I also would like to thank Far North Yarn, The Tangles Skein, and Jack White Prudential in Eagle River for allowing people to drop off donated items.  Highland Correctional Center help put our counts over the edge.  Each year they provide more items then the year before.  The women and staff at Highland provided over 2000 items!!!!

At the end of the event, we had a few boxes of scarves.  They were sent to different shelters around town.  Now, it is time to get ready for next year.  This year, I met my goal of having enough scarves and hats.  Next year, I hope we can collect enough scarves, hats, and gloves (and or socks).  I'll be on the look out for those end of the season bargains.

Here is the "final" count.  Some items were dropped off during the event and I did not get a chance to add them to the spreadsheet.

Scarves: 1133
Hats: 506
Pairs of gloves: 164
blankets: 5
Headbands: 893
Pairs of socks: 113
neck cowls: 5
baby hats: 18
Denim Jackets: 33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers